Larimore, R.A. (2016). Defining nature-based preschools. International Journal of Early Childhood Education, 4(1), 32–36. (website)
Larimore, R.A. (2015) My summer vacation: A nature kindergarten study tour in Scotland. (website)
Larimore, R.A. (2014) Reflection: The powerful teaching of a deer carcass. Exchange Magazine, 37 (1), 81. (pdf)
Larimore, R.A. (2014, December 15) Growing with the children: Bringing nature preschool practices to elementary schools. (website)
Larimore, R. A. (2014). Review: Forest kindergartens: The cedarsong way. Children, Youth and Environments, 24(2), 239–241. doi:10.7721/chilyoutenvi.24.2.0239 (pdf)
Larimore, R.A. (2011). Establishing a nature-based preschool. Fort Collins, Colorado: National Association for Interpretation. (purchase)
Larimore, R. A. (2011). Nature-Based Preschools: A powerful partnership between early childhood and environmental education. Legacy Magazine, 22(3), 8–11. (pdf)
Larimore, R.A. (2007). BioBlitz: When interpretation and science come together.The Interpreter, 3(6), 6–8.
Larimore, R. & Reding, S. (2001). Neighborhood naturalists: Programming for youth in Kalamazoo. Legacy 12(4), 8–9, 37–41.
Larimore, R.A. & Reding, S.M. (2001). Neighborhood Naturalist Club: A Model for Designing After School Programs. Kalamazoo, Michigan: Beech Leaf Press.
- Promising Early Care and Education Leader, Exchange Magazine, June 2015 (more)
- Great Lakes Bay RUBY Award, First State Bank & Great Lakes Bay Magazine, February 2013 (more)
- Lancer Leader Award, Bullock Creek Public Schools, November 2012
- Master Interpretive Manager, National Association for Interpretation Region 4, March 2012
SCHOLARSHIPS & GRANTS
- Gilbert W. Mouser Memorial Scholarship, Michigan State University Departments of Community Sustainability and Fisheries and Wildlife, March 2016
- Harriette B. Sherman Scholarship in Recreation & Tourism, Michigan State University Department of Community Sustainability, March 2015