Blandford Nature Center in Grand Rapids, MI will be hosting this two-day workshop on nature-based education. We'll provide educators the information and skills to incorporate nature-based concepts into daily routines while maintaining the integrity of their best practice curriculum. Topics will include:
- Benefits of Nature Play
- Real versus perceived outdoor risks
- Naturalizing outdoor play areas
- Integrating nature into indoor spaces
- Leading effective excursions
- Seasonal activities to incorporate into the classroom (large & small group)
Participants will also observe West Side Christian Nature-based program in action and facilities.
Fee ($400/ $375 for the first 10 early bird sign-ups) includes snacks, lunches, handouts & take-home resources. Certificates and Michigan SCECHs available (pending approval). Each day runs from 8:45am to 4:00pm.
To register click: Nature-based Education Workshop. If you have any questions, contact Janet Staal at (616) 735-6240×23 or janet@BlandfordNatureCenter.org.